Here you have our 10 tips for travelling around the world. Besides we will be posting sharp advices for every single thing you need to know to plan your trip around the world easier, quicker and cheaper than ever:
- Round the world itinerary: follow always the summer and avoid tropical typhoons and cyclones’ season. That is Asia from September to November (Tibet at the very beginning), Pacific from December to January, South America from February to April, Central America from May to June and Africa from July to August (first the south and then going north).
- Set number of days per country: to do that you will need to decide the best itinerary to visit each country. Check our Smart Routes at Way Away!
- Booking your RTW ticket: best, cheapest way to make a round the world trip. OneWorld has the best combinations. But only use the RTW ticket to move from one country to the following one!
- Local flights: look for first always with local Low Cost airlines and afterwords try with Kayak.
- Insurance: don’t forget to get an insurance. We hope you will not need it but one year is a long time… Our recommendation is Globelink.
- Visa: to visit most of the countries you will not need a Visa, you will just have to pay a fee at the entrance (obviously depending on your nationality). Amongst typical countries to travel to in a round the world trip, here you have those ones where you will need a Visa: India, China, Tibet, Australia (e-flight ticket) and Cuba.
- Suitcase: the less, the better! Find a comfortable trolley-backpacker and don’t forget to bring a thermal t-shirt and trousers.
- Vaccines: you will need to have almost all of them but overall take with you an electric anti-fly! Best way to avoid malaria.
- Money: get with you some dollars and euros but use always ATMs to get local currency. In the end the fee you will have to pay will be the same and you will have no risk to being cheat!
- Hotels: use Tripadvisor to check best hotels at each location. Book always using the hotel website, they always have the best rates. And be careful with European search engines and webs! They are more expensive than the local ones!
If you need more information to travel to some of these destinations, at Way Away you will find all you need to plan your trip: best itinerary, places to visit, things to do in, when to travel, budget, visa, vaccines, smart links to book cheaper and so on. Here you have the destinations we already have in our Trip Planner: