What to do and see in Japan
What to visit in Japan (sightseeing):
- Tokyo: the New York of the 21st century.
- Kyoto: also a modern city, but with much more tradition than Tokyo. It is like stepping into a Manga cartoon.
- Hiroshima: sadly famous for being the target for the world's first atomic bomb. Well worth a visit for the sake of historical remembrance.
- Shirakawago: vestiges of what rural Japan used to be like.
- If you don't want to miss anything in your trip to Japan, take a look at our Suggested Itinerary.
Attractions in Japan (things to do):
- Visit Nara: former capital of the country and standard-bearer of its artistic heritage.
- Stay at a Ryokan in Hakone: famous for its landscapes and spas, Hakone is ideal for a real Samurai experience and the best views of Mount Fuji.
- Eat Japanese food: for lovers of Japanese food - probably the healthiest diet on the planet! Tokyo has also surprisingly become the city with the highest number of Michelin stars in the world.