Plan your trip with our itineraries

China visa and passport entry requirements

VISA for China (passport):

Everyone needs a visa to enter China (except citizens of Japan, Singapore and Brunei). You will also need an electronic passport valid for at least 6 months. 

You will need to fill out an application form at the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre of your country of origin (in person or by post). At this webpage they will tell you what documents you need to submit and how much it will cost, as this varies depending on the country and type of visa (a single entry or multiple entry). For the Way Away Smart Routes, a single-entry tourist visa will suffice. If you travel to Tibet, you'll need a specific visa, and the trip will be considered a multiple entry into the country! 

You should apply about one month in advance of your entry into China.