Recommended hotel in Xian:
In Xi'an you can find outstanding hotels at European rates, but also standard ones at very attractive prices. It's best to stay inside the walled city, where there's more atmosphere, and as close as possible to the Bell Tower. This way, you'll be able to walk to many places (by "walled city", we don't mean a medieval town, or anything even close. Rather it's a modern city in which the historical wall still stands).
- Smart Choice: Citadines Apart Hotel Xi'an Central .
- Description: luxury apartments located in the heart of the walled city. Very good option if you're travelling in a group or as a family.
- Smart Link: book directly at their website. Occasionally you'll find offers at Booking.
- Price: 370CNY (approx. 45€ / 33£) studio room.
- Address: 36 Zhubashi, 710002 Xi'an, China (just in front of the Drum Tower). Email: email@example.com.
- How to get there: take a taxi from the train station (15min, 10-15CNY).
- See Citadines Apart Hotel Xi'an Central at TripAdvisor.
Other recommended hotels in Xian:
- Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square: 700-1.000CNY double room with breakfast included (approx. 90-130€ / 70-100£). A good opportunity to stay in a 5-star hotel at a very cheap rate! Search for offers at Booking. See Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square at TripAdvisor.
- Skytel Xi'an: 300CNY double room, breakfast not included (approx. 40€ / 30£). Basic and respectable, this simple hotel is very well siutated close to the Bell Tower. Book at China Trip. See Skytel Xi'an at TripAdvisor.
- 7 Sages International Youth Hostel: 111CNY double room with private bathroom, breakfast not included (approx. 15€-11£). Simple youth hostel with history. The good thing is you can walk there from the train station. Unfortunately, altough it's located inside the walled city, it's a 30-mimnute walk to the Bell Tower. Book at HostelWorld. See 7 Sages International Youth Hostel at TripAdvisor.