Recommended hotel in Yangshuo:
Hotels in Yangshuo are generally on the cheap side and of medium quality. There are more accommodating hotels on the outskirts, but we recommend staying in the city centre (not on the main street, which is very noisy, but close to it). This way, you'll have all the restaurants close by and you can go on day trips at your leisure. While the hotels aren't anything special, paying a little extra for a room with a view is worth it. It's the best thing about this city!
- Smart Choice: River View Hotel.
- Description: simple but respectable. Well situated close to the main street. The best thing about it is the views of the river. It's worth paying a little more for a deluxe room (they're the ones with views!).
- Smart Link: best deals are usually at Booking.
- Price: 250CNY (approx. 35€ / 25£) double room with views of the river, breakfast not included.
- Address: 15 Binjiang Road, Yangshuo County, 541900, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to get there: it's best to take a taxi from Guilin's airport directly to the hotel (the hotel is a ten-minute walk from the bus station).
- See River View Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Other recommended hotels in Yangshuo:
- Morining Sun Hotel: 350CNY double room with private bathroom, breakfast not included (approx. 50€ / 37£). Similar to the previous one, minus the views. Very close to the main street. Prices can change depending on the date, but it's more expensive on chinese's holiday days. You can check rates and book at their web. See Morning Sun Hotel at TripAdvisor.
- Bamboo House Resort: 233CNY double room with private bathroom, bath and balcony. Breakfast not included. (Approx. 30€ / 27£). Close to the main street. Again, prices vary depending on the date, it's more expensive on chinese's holiday days. You can check prices and book at Booking.
There aren't any Premium hotels in Yangshuo that are worth the expense. There are some famous ones such as Yangshuo Mountain Retreat and Yangshuo Dongling Resort, however, on the outskirts. While they are somewhat better than the hotels in the city, we wouldn't rate them as Premium, let alone do they justify the difference in price.