Recommended hotel in Lijiang:
Lijiang attracts many tourists, both foreign and native. For this reason, its hotels are somewhat more expensive. Without a doubt, you should stay inside the Old City to experience what it's like to be in a medieval village. Because it's so old, however, many of the buildings and homes lack certain amenities (hot water, heat...). Before making a hotel reservation, be sure the hotel has everything you require. Below we offer our recommendations for different price levels.
- Smart Choice: WangFu Hotel.
- Description: very respectable 4-star hotel inside the Old City. While a 15-minute walk from the centre, the charming streets make for a very pleasant stroll.
- Smart Link: find the best offers at China trip.
- Price: 400CNY (approx. 55€ / 40£) double room with breakfastincluded.
- Address: 9 Yigu Street, Nanmen Street, Gucheng District, Lijiang 674100, China. Email: email@example.com.
- How to get there: the hotel is situated on a pedestrian street, but the taxi will drop you practically at the door (10min, 10CNY from the centre of the modern city; 30min, 80CNY from the airport).
- See WangFu Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Other recommended hotels in Lijiang:
- Brook and Bridge Inn: 285CNY double room with private bathroom, breakfast not included (approx. 40€ - 30£). A small, charming hostel well situated inside the Old City. Book at China Trip. See Brook and Bridge Inn at TripAdvisor.
- International Youth Hostel Lijiang: 80CNY double room with private bathroom, breakfast not included (approx. 10€ / 7£). In a very good area. Book at Hostel World. See International Youth Hostel Lijiang at TripAdvisor.
- Zen Garden Hotel (Lion Mountain Yard): 700CNY double room, breakfast included (approx. 90€ - 70£). Very cute hotel oddly situated in a traditional Chinese building. It's on a hill, close to the centre (though uphill), which grants it some impressive views. Book at Booking. See Zen Garden Hotel (Lion Mountain Yard) at TripAdvisor.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Lijiang Ancient Town: 1.200-1400CNY double room, breakfast not included (approx. 170-200€ / 125-150£). Huge hotel inside the Old City, 15 minutes walking from its centre, and with direct taxi access. Book at China Trip. See Crowne Plaza Hotel Lijiang Ancient Town at TripAdvisor.