Recommended hotels in Darwin:
Hotels in Darwin are very expensive and of middling quality. For this reason, while our recommendations are not the greatest hotels in the world, the value for money is the best you'll find. There are cheaper hotels closer to the airport, but they are very far from the city centre and aren't worth it. The indicated rates are peak-season rates (Australian winter), which is the time we recommend visiting Kakadu.
- Smart Choice: Value Inn.
- Smart Link: best rates at Booking.com.
- Price: from 150 AU$ (100 € / 84 £) double room with bathroom, breakfast not included.
- Address: 50 Mitchell Street, Darwin, Australia 0801. Telephone number from Australia: 08 8981 4733. Telephone number from outside Australia: +61 8 8981 4733. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to get there: Airport shuttle (see Route tab for details)
- Description: not great but clean, pleasant and, for Darwin, cheap. Most importantly, it's in the city centre and you can walk to the bars and restaurants. A little noisy on weekends.
- See Value Inn at TripAdvisor.
Other recommended hotels in Darwin:
- Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin: 210 AU$ double motel room, breakfast not included (approx. 140 €-115 £). Best rates at Booking.com. See Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin at TripAdvisor.
- Darwin Central Hotel: 280 AU$ double room, breakfast not included (approx. 180€ - 150£). Their webpage usually offers the same rates as search engines. Check these search engines for possible offers: Agoda / Hotelopia. See Darwin Central Hotel at TripAdvisor.
- Skycity Darwin: from 227 AU$ double room, bathroom and breakfast included (aprox. 160€ - 120£). It's part of a coastal resort with many pools and restaurants, a casino and spectacular sunset views. See Skycity Darwin at TripAdvisor. Best rates at Booking.