Getting from Fiumicino-Leonardo da Vinci airport to the city centre:
The airport is quite a way from the city, which makes transport both slow and expensive. Our recommendation is to take the Leonardo Express train. In 35 minutes and without stops you will be in the centre of Rome (Termini station) where you can connect with metro lines or go straight to your hotel.
- How to arrive: the train station is close to Parking D, across the road from Terminal C. It is not very well-signposted, so it is better to follow the signs for 'Rent a Car/Autonoleggio' or 'Hilton Hotel'. At the station entrance buy a ticket at the TABAC and go to platform 1 to validate it. There is a tourist information office in the station where you can get maps and useful information
- Cost: 14€ per journey
- Timetable from Fiumicino airport: every 30 minutes from 06.35 to 23.35
- Timetable from Termini station: every 30 minutes from 05.52 to 22.52
Cotral: a bus that leaves Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci airport and stops in the Piazza del Cinquecento (in front of Termini station) and in the Roma Tiburtina station.The whole trip takes 60 minutes.
- Price: 5.50€ per person
- Timetable from Fiumicino airport: Monday to Friday: 10:55h, 15:30h, 19:05h, 02:15h, 05:00h. Saturday: 15:30h, 19:05h, 02:15h, 05:00h. Sunday and bank holidays: 01:15h, 02:15h, 03:30h, 05:00h.
- Timetable from Tiburtina station: Monday to Friday: 09:30h, 12:05h, 12:35h, 17:30h, 01:15h, 03:45h. Saturday: 17:30h, 01:15h, 03:45h. Sunday and bank holidays: 00:30h, 01:15h, 02:30h, 03:45h.
Airport Shuttle: another option is to book in advance the airport shuttle. It is a personal car service that will pick you up at the airport and leave you at your chosen hotel. 25€ for one person and 6€ for each additional passenger. Reserve directly through their web before travelling.
Taxis: if you decide on a taxi, make sure that it is an authorized one (White and with a taximeter). The airport is crawling with people who will try to take you in their cars: head for the official queue which is clearly indicated in the airport. The journey takes around 40 minutes and costs about 60€.