Recommended hotel in Venice:
Due to the peculiar characteristics of Venice the hotels tend to be small and expensive. For that reason it is especially difficult to find a vacancy in the high season. In the low season it is not only easier to find a room but it all tends to be much cheaper. There are also cheaper hotels on the outskirts of Venice but we would not recommend them at all if you really wish to enjoy Venice.
We will show you below our favourite hotels and B&Bs with a price guide for the high season (Spring-Summer).
Smart Choice: Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo
- Smart Link: book on the hotel´s web or send them an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Price: 175€ double room / night with breakfast included (approx. £140)
- Address: Santa Croce 2063, 30135, Venezia (see map). Tel. +39 041 524 47 97. E-mail: email@example.com.
- How to get there: Take vaporetto no. 1 (N at night) from the train station (the Ferrovia stop) or from the Piazzale Roma if you have arrived by car. Get off at the San Stae stop (3rd stop from the station). Cross the bridge that you see on your left and walk some 30 metres along the Fondamenta Rimpetto Mocenigo until you recch the private bridge that gives direct entrance to the hotel.
- Description: Small, old, refurbished Venetian palace right in the centre of Venice. The rooms are fantastic, decorated in the Venetian style, and with all the comforts of a hotel. Breakfast is continental served on a terrace in the centre of the palace. It is a perfect location because without being in one of the most touristy areas it is full of charming spots, you can walk to the Ponte Rialto and the vaporetto stop is only a few steps away.
- See Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo at TripAdvisor.
Other recommended hotels:
- Ai Tagliapietra B&B: 75-100€ double room with breakfast (approx. £63-84). Simple but very adequate, well-situated close to San Marcos square and the Vaporetto stop. Ask about prices and vacancies via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on their web. See Ai Tagliapietra B&B at TripAdvisor.
- Locanda Herion: 70-190€ double room with breakfast (approx. £60-160). Very basic but in the very historic heart of Venice. Reservar en Booking. See Locanda Herion at TripAdvisor
- 3C B&B 100-250€ double room with breakfast (approx. £84 - 210). Totally renovated building, it is not so authentic as a small palace but you can get good prices. In a very good location a few metres from Plaza San Marcos. Information about prices and rooms via email (email@example.com). See 3C B&B at TripAdvisor.
- Locanda Orseolo 250€ double room with breakfast (approx. £201). A real luxury hotel in pure Venetian style and very near Saint Mark´s Square. Book through their web or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). See Locanda Orseolo at TripAdvisor.
- Hotel al Ponte Antico 280-430€ double room with breakfast (approx. £245-360). another true Venetian luxury, close to the Rialto Bridge and with views of the Grand Canal. Ask about prices and vacancies on their web or by email (email@example.com). See Hotel al Ponte Antico at TripAdvisor.
- Residence Corte Grimani 288€ complete apartment for 4 people (approx. £240). Great choice if you go in a group. Well-located between the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark´s square. Check out the prices and room availability on their web or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). In their webpage, they have advance booking offers. See Residence Corte Grimani at TripAdvisor.
Search engine recommended for Venice: Booking.