What to do and see in Italy
What to visit in Italy:
- Rome: historic capital of the Roman Empire and of the current Republic. A paradise for living history, visiting ruins and enjoying superb art.
- Venice: with its hundreds of canals is without doubt one of the world's most curious and beautiful cities.
- Tuscany: incredible rural landscapes in this wine-growing region replete with medieval towns and with two of Italy's prettiest cities, Florence and Siena.
- Cinque Terre: five villages perched on the cliffs of Italy's north-eastern coast.
- Verona: the beautiful city of Romeo and Juliet.
- The ruins of Pompey: Roman city which was buried after the terrible eruption of Vesuvius.
- If you don't want to miss anything in your trip around Italy, check our Suggested Itinerary.
Attractions in Italy (things to do in Italy):
- Visit the Vatican City: for Catholics, and the not so Catholic, a visit to St.Peter´s Basilica is obligatory, as is the Vatican Museum, where you can admire the majestic Sistine Chapel.
- See opera in the open-air at the Verona Arena: a real treat for a summer´s night.
- Dine in Porto Fino, and see the jet set close up.
- Go shopping on the Via del Corso in Rome
- Go to the Palio Festival in Siena, and watch the medieval madness unfold in that wonderful city.
- Drink a glass of wine in Tuscany, on one of the pretty estates that we all dream about owning one day.
- Share a "florentine steak", a delicious cut of ox steak that not even two people will be able to get through. A real gastronomic attraction.
- Go for "cicchetti" around Venice, like Spanish tapas but Italian style. And without tourists...