Recommended hotel in Verona:
Hotel prices vary enormously depending on if there is a night of opera or not. We list our favourite hotels and B&Bs below with price guidelines for days with and without opera.
Smart Choice: Hotel Torcolo
- Smart Link: enviar mail (email@example.com) to ask about availability and prices.
- Price: 75-152€ (approx. 63-126£) double room per night, breakfast not included. If you want to have breakfast at the hotel it costs 14€ per person.
- Address: Vicolo Listone, 3, Verona (see map). Tel +39 045 8007512.
- How to get there: 20 minutes walk from the train station so better to take a taxi (8-10€) or bus from plataform A (Marciapiede A). Nº11 -12- 13 - 51 until 20h or nº 90 - 92 - 93 - 98 after that time, in the direction of Piazza Bra. Get off at this square (where the Arena is). With the gardens in front of you, turn left towards the arches where all the restaurants are. Between Bar Listone 12 and the Ristorante 3 Corone there is a small street (vicolo Listone). You will find the hotel there after the Pizzeria Nastro Azzurro. By car: take the Verona Sur exit and continue along the Ciale del Lavoro which later becomes the Viale Piave, until you reach the Porta Nuova. Here you turn left on the Circonvallazione Oriani. Keep straight on until the second set of traffic lights and then turn right onto Corso Porta Palio street. Go straight on passing two more sets of traffic lights, past the castle and then take a right at the 6th street: Via Fratta. The hotel is at the end of the street.
- Description: Traditional hotel in the very centre of Verona, a few steps from the Arena.
- See Hotel Torcolo at TripAdvisor.
Other recommended hotels:
- Hotel Trieste 95-200€ double room with breakfast (approx. £80-168). Very modern hotel fairly close to the Arena (10min walk). Reserve through their web. See Hotel Trieste at TripAdvisor.
- Hotel Aurora 100-200€ double room with breakfast (approx. £84-168). Basic but quite adequate hotel, very well located on the Piazza Erbe, a few metres from the Arena and in one of the areas of the city with the best atmosphere. You can book on their web page but have a look on Booking.com because they sometimes have good deals. See Hotel Aurora at TripAdvisor.
- B&B Il Ghiro 50-70€ double room with breakfast (approx. £42-59).It has three rooms with shared bathroom. It is outside the historic centre, about 20 min from the Arena. Send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask about rooms and prices. See B&B Il Ghiro at TripAdvisor.
- B&B Al Quadrifoglio 65€ double room with breakfast (approx. £55) It has three rooms, one of them with a private but exterior bathroom and the other two rooms share a bathroom. It is outside the historic centre, about 15 min from the Arena. Send an email to (email@example.com). See B&B Al Quadrifoglio at TripAdvisor.
- Corte Castelletto 65-100€ double room with breakfast (approx. 55-85£). On the outskirts of Verona, so you will need to go to the historic centre by car, but the hotel is really good and could be a good choice for the pocket if you are travelling by car. Send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org). See Corte Castelletto at TripAdvisor.
Recommended search engine for Verona: Booking.