Recommended hotel in Rome:
The hotels in Rome are pretty expensive, especially in the high season. Below, we recommend a series of hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts right in the centre, which are good value for money all year round.
On the outskirts of Rome you can come across much cheaper hotels (50-100€) but we do not recommend them because the best way to get to know a city is to "live" in the centre of it. What´s more, you will waste a lot of time (and money) making your way from hotel to city centre.
Smart Choice: Hotel My Secret Spagna
- Smart Link: Reserve through the hotel's web
- Price: 70-85€ double room (approx. £65-80)
- Address: Via Di S. Sebastianello 10, Spagna, 00187 Rome, Italy (see map)
- How to get there: If you are arriving by train from Fiumicino, at Termini you can take the metro to the metro stop: Spagna (3 stops - 1,5€). You can also walk to the hotel from Termini (25min walking) but if you are loaded down, it's worth it to take the metro. If you come by bus from Ciampino, the only difference is that it will leave you on the other side of the station, so you should cross it to get to the Via Giovanni Giolitti and then take the metro.
- Description: The location is great! You can have a room with a balcony for 95€ aprox (£89) and if you want to have some luxury during your stay in Rome, then you can book a room with a jacuzzi for 105€ (£97). They also have free upgrade, subject to availability of course.
- See Hotel My Secret Spagna at TripAdvisor.
Other recommended hotels:
- Golden Roma: 125-140€ double room with breakfast (approx. £115-130). On occasions it is possible to find last-minute offers of 100€ on their web page. It is really well-located close to Piazza di Spagna. See Hotel Golden at TripAdvisor.
- Suite Dreams: 85-100€ double room (approx. £78-92). Book on their website. They may have special offers if you book with advance. Great location near to the Piazza de la Republica. See hotel Suite Dreams at TripAdvisor.
- Domus Praetoria: 145€ double room with breakfast (approx. £125). Excellent position close to Termini. See Hotel Domus Praetoria at TripAdvisor.
- Principe Eugenio: 55-130€ double room with breakfast (approx. £47-110). Located near to Vittorio Emanuele. See Principe Eugenio at TripAdvisor.
Other hostels and Bed and Breakfasts (a more economical choice but harder to find availability. That´s why we give you a longer list of options in order of preference):
- Roman Residence: 90-160€ double room with private bathroom and breakfast included (approx. £75-135). Renovated and very well-situated close to Termini station. Reserve on their web. See Roman Residence at TripAdvisor.
- Aldebaran Bed & Breakfast: 50-150€ depending on the season (approx. £46-125) double room with shared bathrooms. See Aldebaran Bed & Breakfast at TripAdvisor.
- Nicolas Inn: 100-180€ double room with private bathroom and breakfast included (approx. £84-150). Reserve on their web page. Very pretty and well located on the Via Cavour near Termini station. See Nicolas Inn at TripAdvisor.
- WRH Suites Rome: 75-120€ double room with private bathroom (approx. £70-110). Much cheaper during the week than at weekends. Next to Termini station. See WRH Suites at TripAdvisor.
- Bibi & Romeo's: 110€ double room standard or superior with private bathroom and breakfast included (approx. £102). Modern and situated in the Vatican area. Reserve through their web page. See Bibi & Romeo's at TripAdvisor.
- Suites Trastevere: 80-160€ double room with private bathroom and breakfast included (approx. £74-148). Picturesque and very good position in the Trastevere area. Book through their web page. See Suites Trastevere at TripAdvisor.
- The Beehive: 60-90€ double room with shared bathroom (approx. £55-83). A bed in a 6 people shared room costs 25-35€ (approx. £23-33). Well- located hostel next to Termini station. Reserve through their web page. See The Beehive at TripAdvisor. Best place to book The Beehive is Hostelworld.
- Hotel Papa Germano: 44-65€ double room with private bathroom (approx. £40-60). 10€ discount if you pay with cash instead of your credit card. Reserve through their web page. 5 min. from Termini station. Classical and simple but clean and comfortable. See Hotel Papa Germano at TripAdvisor
Hotels search engine recommended for Rome: Booking.