Recommended hotel in Milan:
Keep an eye out for the hotel prices in Milan as they are much cheaper at the weekend! Make sure your visit does not coincide with one of the big fairs.
Smart Choice: Hotel Cristoforo Colombo
- Smart Link: reserve on the hotel's web.
- Price: 170-200€ double room (approx. 157-185£).
- Address: Corso Buenos Aires, 3, 20124 Milán (see map).
- How to get there: From the motorway get onto Milan´s Tangencial Este. Take the Forlanini exit, follow the signs for the centre, continue along the Viale Corsica and then along Corso XXII Marzo until the end. In Piazza Tricolore, turn right and drive along Viale Bianca Maria and Viale Luigi Majno until you reach Porta Venezia. Stay on the right and head down Corso Buenos Aires; the Hotel Cristoforo Colombo is 50 metres further on. By train: from the central station, take the metro (line 2, green) in the direction of Cologno or Gesate. Get off at the Loreto stop and continue on metro (line 1, red) in the direction of Rho Fiera or Bisceglie and get off at the Porta Venezia stop. Get off at Corso Buenos Aires; the Hotel Cristoforo Colombo is just 10 metres away, at number 3.
- Description: Very well-run business hotel located in one of the shopping areas. 25min walk from the old part of town, but right next to a metro station, so it is really convenient for moving around the city.
- See Hotel Cristoforo Colombo at TripAdvisor.
Other recommended hotels:
- Hotel Gran Duca di York 128-158€ double room with breakfast (approx. £152-194). A truly charming hotel situated right in Milan´s historic centre, just a few minutes walk from the Duomo. See Hotel Gran Duca di York at TripAdvisor.
- Starhotels Anderson 114-235€ double room with breakfast (approx. £105-216). Quite a high level business hotel but it often has some good room offers. Situated near the central station and the metro. During summer is very pricey hotel a night in August costs around 900€ (£829). Reserve on their web. See Starhotels Anderson at TripAdvisor.
- Hotel Trentina 30-300€ double room (approx. £27-277). Small hotel with 10 rooms, basic but correct. A little far from the old part of town but well placed for the metro. Book in their website. Sometimes breakfast is included, you can email them asking at email@example.com. See Hotel Trentina at TripAdvisor.
- Hotel Aspromonte From 65€ double room with breakfast (approx. £55). Somewhat distant but well located in a shopping area and near a metro station. Reserve on their web. See Hotel Aspromonte at TripAdvisor.
Recommended search engine for Milan: Booking.