How to transfer from Barcelona Airport
Getting to the city from Barcelona-El Prat airport:
- Aerobus: most convenient transportation if your flight arrives at Terminal 1 (T1). Follow the signs for "Bus" in the airport to the stop. Airbus A1 departs every 5-10 minutes from 06:10 to 01:05 and will drop you at Plaça Catalunya within 35 minutes. Tickets are bought directly on the bus. Price: 5,90€ one way (10.20€ round trip). From T2, you can take Aerobus A2 which makes the same trip.
- Train: if your flight arrives to Terminal 2 (T2), it's best to take Renfe local train line 2. Follow the signs for "Train" in the airport to the stop. The train leaves the airport every 30 minutes approx., from 05:42 to 23:38, and drops you at the Paseo de Gracia station in 25 minutes, where you can transfer to the metro or go directly to your hotel. Tickets can be purchased at Renfe station ticket offices or from vending machines. Price: 2.15€, though we recommend buying a T-10 travel card (10.30€) as you can use it later for getting around Barcelona in metro and bus. If you arrive to Terminal 1, there is a bus transit service that takes you to the Renfe station in Terminal 2.
- Taxi: You can take a taxi from either terminal to your hotel (30 min) for 25-30€. If you are tired or arrive late at night, you won't regret it.
Getting to Barcelona's Airport:
- Aerobus: most convenient transportation if your flight leaves from Terminal 1 (T1). Aerobus A1 departs from Plaça Catalunya (in front of El Corte Inglés) every 5-10 minutes from 05:30 to 00:30, and will drop you at Terminal 1 within 40 minutes. Tickets are bought directly on the bus. Price: 5.90€ one way (10.20€ round trip). If your flight leaves from Terminal 2, then take Airbus A2.
- Train: if your flight leaves from Terminal 2 (T2), it's best to take Renfe local train line 2. It leaves from Passeig de Gracia station every 30 minutes, from 05:08 to 23:07, and drops you at Terminal 2 in 30 minutes. Tickets can be purchased at metro vending machines (2.15€) or at the train station ticket offices (4.10€), though you can use your T-10 travel card if you still have trips left. If your flight is leaving from Terminal 1, there is a bus transit service from the Renfe station at Terminal 2.
- Taxi: You can take a taxi from your hotel to either terminal (30 min) for 25-30€.
Trip to the city from Girona-Costa Brava airport:
- Bus: Sagalés has buses programmed with Ryan Air that arrive to the Girona airport. They leave the Girona airport (follow airport signs) and arrive at Estación del Norte in Barcelona in an hour and ten minutes. Tickets can be purchased at airport ticket offices and are 12€ one way (21€ round trip). Check timetables.
- Once at Estación del Norte, you can take the metro from the Line 1 Arc de Triomf stop (3 minute walk from the station) to the stop nearest your hotel. A taxi from the bus station will run you around 7-8€.
- Taxi: a taxi from the Girona airport to the centre of Barcelona can cost as much as 120-130€. It's not worth it.