Recommended hotel in Madrid:
We recommend staying in the city centre (Sol, Chueca or los Austrias) in order to be able to walk to most places (you'll save money and time on trips through Madrid). You can also find hostels for less than 50€, but we don't recommend them because of their poor quality. The best thing to do is stay in a hostel or B&B for 50-75€ or in a nice hotel for 85-140€. Rates very greatly depending on the time of year, but we let you when this is the case.Smart Choice: Hotel Plaza Mayor.
- Smart Link: Offers are better on their webpage than on search engines.
- Price: 60-90€ double room, breakfast not included (approx. £50-75).
- Address: c/ Atocha, 2, 28012, Madrid. Tel: (+34) 91 360 06 06.
- How to get there: Take the metro from the airport to Nuevos Ministerios station. Here change to the L10 heading towards Puerta del Sur and get off 3 stops later at Tribunal. Change to the L1 towards Valdecarros and get off after 3 stops (45 minutes, 2€). The exit closest to the hotel is the one that leads to Calle Mayor. From this street, go up Calle Esparteros and you'll see the hotel ahead (3 minutes).
- Description: We have selected this hotel because it is more than respectable but primarily for its location: just a few steps away is Plaza Mayor, from which you can walk to the most visited areas in Madrid: los Austrias, la Latina, Sol, La Gran Vía, Chueca...
- See Hotel Plaza Mayor at TripAdvisor
Other recommended hotels:
- Hostal Pizarro: 45-75€ double room with bathroom, breakfast not included (approx. £37-65). Basic but very respectable hotel on one of the quietest streets in Chueca. See Hostal Pizarro at TripAdvisor and get the best rate at booking.com
- Hostal Santo Domingo: 69-100€ double room with bathroom, breakfast not included (approx. £59-85). Very close to Hostal Pizarro, this hostel is pure design. See Hostal Santo Domingo at TripAdvisor and get the best rate at booking.com
- Hostal Barrera: 58-68€ double room, breakfast not included (approx. £42-49). A charming modern hotel on Calle Atocha, close to the station, museums and Huertas (a good area for drinks). Make a reservation at their webpage. See Hostal Barrera at TripAdvisor and make a reservation at their website.
- Hostal Abami II. 50-55€ double room with bathroom breakfast not included. Recently refurbished, this hostel is perfectly located near Plaza España and Gran Vía. See Hostal Abami II at TripAdvisor and get the best rate at booking.com.
- Hotel Catalonia las Cortes: 110-140€ double room, breakfast included (approx. £95-120). Lovely hotel in the centrally located and lively Santa Ana Square. See Hotel Catalonia las Cortes at TripAdvisor and make a reservation at their webpage.
- Hotel Suites Viena: 75-125€ studio for 2 (approx. £65-100). Avant-garde apartments close to the square Plaza de España. A good alternative for longer stays or if you want to cook at home. See Hotel Suites Viena at TripAdvisor and make a reservation at booking.com
- Sungate One: 60-80€ double room with shared bathroom. Beds in a shared room for 30€. Super centric location in Calle del Carmen, just next to Plaza del Sol. Great staff and nice decoration. Book at Hostelworld. See Sungate One at Trip Advisor.
- Safestay Madrid: 60€ double room with private bathroom and breakfast included (approx. £50). For 15-18€ (approx. £12-14) bed in a shared room with 12 people. We recomend you the shared room because of the low price. If you prefer sharing with less people, they have 4-6 people rooms for 22-26€ (approx. £18-21). It's location is not the best, but they have a metro stop very close. It is modern and cute. Book at Hostelworld.
Recommended search engine for Madrid: Booking.com