Recommended hotel in San Sebastian:
We recommend staying in the centre or the Old City. There's more going on here and you can walk everywhere you need to go. Hotels in San Sebastián are quite old-fashioned and rather expensive, especially during the peak season (June to September). For this reason, we recommend above all the charming rooming houses in the city.Smart Choice: Pensión Aldamar.
- Smart Link: rates on their webpage are usually the same as on search engines.
- Price: 90-100€ double room with bathroom, breakfast not included (approx. £75-83).
- Address: c/ Aldamar 2, 1°, 20004 Donosti-San Sebastián (see map). Tel: (+34) 943 430 143.
- How to get there: It's a 20-minute walk from the bus station. Since you'll have luggage, take bus 26 or 28 on Avenida de Sancho el Sabio and get off at the Boulevard (15 minutes, 1.60€). A taxi will run you 5-6€.
- Description: tastefully renovated rooming house with an unbeatable location (next to the Boulevard). The fully equipped rooms seem more like ones in a hotel than a rooming house.
- See Pensión Aldamar at TripAdvisor
Other recommended hotels:
- Pensión Itxasoa: 50-80€ double room with bathroom (approx. £40-66). Very cute pension in the Old City next to the sea. Decent rooms with views of the sea. See Pensión Itxasoa at TripAdvisor and make reservations at their webpage.
- Pensión Amaiur: 50-65€ double room with shared bathroom (approx. £40-55). Lovely rooming house in the heart of the Old City. The downside is it can be noisy and you'll have to share a bathroom. See Pensión Amaiur at TripAdvisor and make reservations through their webpage.
- Pensión Nuevas Artes: 138€ double room with bathroom (approx. £115). Very decent and quiet pension. Somewhat isolated from the Old City (20 minutes on foot) but very close to the San Sebastián bus stop. See Pensión Nuevas Artes at TripAdvisor and make a reservation at their webpage.
- Hotel Astoria7: 110-135€ per room, breakfast not included (approx. £91-112). A renovated cinema, which makes it unique. Situated close to the San Sebastián bus station. Rates are usually better on their webpage than on search engines. See Hotel Astoria 7 at TripAdvisor.
Recommended search engine for San Sebastian: Booking.com