Recommended hotel for Barcelona:
Hotel prices in Barcelona start at 100€ for a double room. For something cheaper, you'll have to stay in a small bed and breakfast (availability is usually a problem) or a hostel (they tend to be old-fashioned). We recommend selecting a hotel in the area between Plaça Catalunya and Passeig de Gracia and avoiding staying near Las Ramblas and El Raval as much as possible, both being very popular tourist areas and for this same reason prime stalking grounds for petty criminals.
Smart Choice: Hotel Hesperia Ramblas.
- Smart Link: book reservations online at their web page.
- Price: from 109€ for a double room booked 21 days in advance (approx. 90£). If purchased later or with flexible dates, the room can cost 144-170€.
- Address: C/ Hospital, 26. 08001 Barcelona (see map).
- How to get there: trains leave the airport every 30 minutes for Barcelona, from 6:00 to 23:30. Train stop closest to the hotel: Passeig de Gràcia. Here you can transfer to metro line 3 (towards Zona Universitaria) and in just two stops get off at Liceu, which is very close the hotel. On the Renfe platform in the airport, buy a T-10 travel card, which can be used for the train, metro and bus. The T-10 costs 10.30€ and is valid for 10 trips (multi-person).
- Description: very modern hotel but above all great location in the Raval neighbourhood only a few steps from the Ramblas. It's a good idea to make a reservation in advance to obtain an attractive rate.
- See Hotel Hesperia Ramblas at TripAdvisor.
Other recommended hotels:
- Central Suites Barcelona: 175-210€ apartments for 4-6 people (approx. 144-174). These apartments are owned by Way Away and are in the city center of Barcelona. As expert travelers, we designed three quality apartments thinking of you. After traveling around the globe, one gets an idea of how it should be an ideal apartment :-). Best rates are at Central Suites Barcelona.
- Hotel Wilson Boutique: 100€ double room booked 21 days in advance (approx. 82£). Very modern hotel with great location at the corner of Avinguda Diagonal and Passeig de Gracia. See Hotel Wilson Boutique at TripAdvisor and book reservations online at hotel web page.
- Hotel Constanza: 135-145€ per double room reserved 21 days in advance (approx. 112-120£). Great location close to Plaça Catalunya and the Cathedral. See Hotel Constanza at TripAdvisor and book reservations online at hotel web page.
- Hotel Principal: 110-130€ double room (approx. 90-107£). Somewhat more traditional hotel than previous ones but well-located in the Raval a short distance from Las Ramblas. See Hotel Principal at TripAdvisor and book reservations online at hotel web page.
Other recommended hostels and Bed & Breakfasts (most economical option but availability is very limited. For this reason, we provide you with a longer list of alternatives. They are ranked for your convenience):
- Nisia Bed & Breakfast: 60-75€ double room with private bathroom and breakfast included (approx. 50-65£). B&B with lots of charm not far from Gracia area, almost touching Diagonal. See Nisia Bed&Breakfast at TripAdvisor and book reservations online at their web page.
- Casa de Marcelo Barcelona: 110€ double room with shared bathroom (approx. 90£). A stylish B&B in the heart of the Borne. See Casa de Marcelo Barcelona at TripAdvisor and book reservations online at their web page.
- Ana's Guest House: 70-110€ double room with private bathroom and breakfast included (approx. 58-91£). Close to La Pedrera. Book reservations online at their web page or through Booking.com. See Ana's Guest House at TripAdvisor.
- Hostal Goya: 100€ double room with private bathroom (approx. 82£). Very cute, fully renovated and well situated close to Plaça Catalunya and the Cathedral. See Hostal Goya at TripAdvisor and book reservations online at their web page.
- BCN Gotic: 200€ apartment for 4 (approx. 165£). Attractive alternative if you're travelling as a group. Well located in the Borne. See BCN Gotic at TripAdvisor and book reservations online at their web page.
- Hostel One Paralelo: 90-110€ double room with shared bathroom. Beds in shared rooms from 40€ per night. A very original place with a young environment. Great staff, they offer free dinner every night. Situated in Poble Sec, the new trendy area of the city. Very close to Raval and Ramblas. Book at Booking.com. See Hostel One Paralelo in Trip Advisor.
- Casa Gracia: 90€ double room (approx. 74£). A bed in a 6 people shared room costs 27.75€/person (approx. 23£). Breakfast included. Charming and cozy, very well located in the city's bohemian district, Gracia. Excellent atmosphere. Book at Booking. See Casa Gracia at TripAdvisor.
Recommended hotel search engine for Barcelona: booking.com