This visit will take approx. 30min-1hr. Here are some emblematic points of interest:
- Going down the Ramblas from Plaça Catalunya, turn right onto Carrer del Bonsucces (second street on the right). Soon, on the right-hand side, you'll see an arcade that gives way to Plaça de Vicenç Martorell. This square is nice for enjoying something in one of its bars, such as Kasparov.
- Continue along Bonsucces, which later becomes Carrer d'Elisabets. At the end of this street, on the right, you'll find Plaça dels Angels, where MACBA (Museum of Contemporary Art of Barcelona) is located. This square is famous among skateboarders all over the world.
- Right here in the MACBA museum you'll be able to see an urban wall painting of the famous north American activist and graffiti artist Keith Haring, who painted it 25 years ago to support the fight against HIV. This wall painting was restored at the beginning of 2014
- Return on Carrer dels Angels in the opposite direction to MACBA and turn left at the end onto Carrer del Carme. On the sidewalk on the right-hand side, you'll see La Reial Academia de Medicina de Catalunya (Royal Academy of Medicine) close by. Enter through this passageway and you'll come to the garden of the San Pau library where, in addition to the garden, you can admire the walls and stairs of this medieval palace.
- At the other extreme of the garden, exit onto Carrer de l'Hospital. A few steps away on the left is Plaça de Calonge Colom, great for stopping and having something at the bar Mendizabal.
- If you continue on Carrer de l'Hospital, you'll come out onto the Ramblas again, with the Boquería on your left and the Liceu on your right.