Google Maps: to have the map of Taipei and Taiwan off-lineIt is ideal to know how to get from one place to another, and to have updated information and schedules of restaurants and places to visit.
- Download the Google Maps application on your mobile (Playstore and Apple version).
- Open it, login with your Google / Gmail account and search for TAIPEI.
- Click on the menu (three lines at the top left) and choose "Offline Maps".
- Click on "Select your own map".
- Select the entire Taipei area (or Taiwan if you are traveling throughout the country).
- Click on "Download".
- While the Map is downloading on your mobile you can edit the name of the map.
That is why we recommend you download the Bus + application (you also have Bus Tracker Taipei but Bus + is more friendly). There you can see the times of passage of each bus for each stop. Once Google Maps gives you the route to reach your destination, open the Bus + application. Put in the search engine the number of the bus, above you choose the direction in which you are going and at the moment the whole route will appear. Look for your stop and you will see how long it will take for the bus to arrive.
Another easier way to have it on hand, at least for the stop that is closest to the hotel or apartment, is to scan the QR code at each station. A website will be opened directly where you will see the time of passage through that stop of all the buses.