Places to visit in Taiwan (sightseeing):
Ranking of the 10 best things to see in Taiwan:
- Taipei, the capital of the country. Although the city itself is ugly, it is very well organized, safe and has a great atmosphere. And above all it has two unmissable architectural gems: Taipei 101 (which for a few years was the tallest building in the world), and the memorial of Chiang Kai Sek, a small Taiwanese Taj Mahal. In addition, you can see beautiful temples and dine in the best "night markets".
- Taroko National Park. A wonderful gorge carved by the river in the mountain over the centuries. A work of art of nature. You can go trekking, walk through its innumerable tunnels and get wet in its waterfalls surrounded by a unique landscape.
- Alishan. Walking among gigantic thousand-year-old trees through the dense fog of these mountains, an almost mystical experience!
- Tainan, the most beautiful city in the country. In it you can not miss the Anping Tree House (an old house invaded by gigantic trees, the small Taiwanese Angkor Watt) and the lanterns of Shennon Street (the most beautiful alley in Taiwan).
- Hualien. Very close to Taroko is this lively city. But the best of it is in the mountains. Turquoise water rivers, waterfalls lost in the jungle, crystalline natural pools ... a paradise for trekking and cooling off in summer.
- Shifen and Jiufen. Two towns that can be visited from Taipei. The first has wonderful waterfalls, and a main street through which the train passes several times a day. Very picturesque! It also has the wonderful (although not very ecological) tradition of throwing lanterns into the air. Jiufen has an interesting night market that winds its way through the entire town. Beautiful and quite unique, it also has wonderful views of the sea! Great to watch the sunset.
- Sun Moon Lake. It is the favorite place of the Taiwanese, with a touch even sacred. It seems beautiful to us, but not really wonderful. In any case, if you have enough days, it is not bad to stop by and enjoy the views from the Wenwu Temple and from the Ciâ??en Pagoda.
- Kenting. Here are the best beaches in Taiwan (although it must be said that beaches outstanding in Taiwan). Located in the southernmost tip of the country, it has a fairly good climate throughout the year. The views are very pretty and there are some trails to hike up the mountain.
- Liouchiou. Very close to Kenting is this island that can be reached after 20 minutes by ferry. Although the island is very beautiful, the best thing without a doubt is that hundreds of sea turtles inhabit its coasts. They can be seen simply by swimming from the beach with diving goggles.
- Taitung. If you go in July or August, you cannot miss their hot air balloon festival. And if you are brave, you can even ride one of them!