Where to sleep in Taiwan:Hotels are one of the great handicaps in Taiwan. In general they are expensive and bad.
In Taipei you will have no problem finding decent hotels at a good price, because the offer is very numerous. But things get complicated when you leave Taipei. In our Routes to Travel in Taiwan, we will give you hotel recommendations in each of the cities and towns to visit.
But if you decide to choose by yourself, always pay close attention to the photos and opinions of the people, make sure that the room has a bathroom (if it is important to you), and if it does, look that it is not one of those that have the shower over or next to the toilet (which is a classic).
If you are looking for a double room with bathroom, prices will range between:
- € 50-100 in hostels and guesthouses
- € 100-180 in normal hotels (3 stars)
- € 180-300 in good hotels or holiday resorts.
The best search engines to find a hotel in Taiwan are:
- Booking.com : They always have a very good offer, and the search engine is very simple and intuitive. It works very well and you usually pay at the hotel.
- Agoda.com: in Asia they have more hotels listed and sometimes better offers, but we like the search engine less (it is more confusing) and you have to pay in advance on the page.
- Airbnb.com: They have some cute things in Taipei, Tainan... the big cities. Beware that they also have a lot of garbage and the cancellation policy is usually worse.