What to see in Tainan:
This is the ranking of the best things to see in Tainan:
- Shennong Street, probably the most beautiful street in all of Taiwan. Full of lanterns, small shops and cafes.
- Anping Tree house: an old ruined house invaded by trees. Little Angkor Watt from Taiwan.
- Blue Print Cultural and Creative Park: some old warehouses recovered and converted into exhibitions of street art.
- Confucius Temple: like most Confucius temples, a haven of peace and tranquility in the middle of the city.
- Chihkan Tower: an observation tower in the center of the city. Precious.
- Tainan City Art Museum (building 2): we like it better on the outside than on the inside, but it is worth stopping by it.
- Great South Gate: the old south gate of the city. We love to see the gigantic trees climbing its walls.
- Anping Old Fort: an old Dutch fort in which trees have also taken over its walls.
- Chimei Museum: its wonderful architecture recreates European museums. Inside, in addition to an interesting collection of classical sculptures, you will find samples of Chinese art and also two exhibitions that we loved: one of musical instruments and the other of Asian armor.
- The Wetlands and the Sicao Green Tunnel: mangrove protected area.
- Snail Alley: an alley with pieces of street art.
- Hayashi Department Store: a former department store from Japanese times. They have maintained and restored it but when you enter it transports you back in time.